Blog Journal #8

 Working on the Web Design assignment helped me learn how to organize information in a way that's fun and easy for 5th graders to understand. I used the design principle of repetition by keeping the same fonts and colors on every page to make my website look neat and consistent. I also used balance and alignment by centering the titles and using columns to separate text and pictures, especially on the “Regions” and “Civics” pages. I really liked choosing images and creating a layout that would keep young students interested, but I found it a little tricky to make sure everything looked good on both desktop and mobile devices. In the future, these website design skills will help me create educational tools, online portfolios, or classroom resources if I become a teacher or work in curriculum development.


Here’s the QR code linking to my website:



Comments

  1. You did a great job using the CRAP principles throughout your website. I loved the use of a consistent color pallet, and spacing, all throughout your page. I also thought you did a great job contrasting the background and font colors to ensure everything was legible. Finally, your use of bold and multicolored text was super beneficial in highlighting the important parts of text. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I absolutely love your website! I thought on the main page, it was really smart in terms of proximity to put graphics in between the blocks of text. Contrast was pretty good as well. Alignment was great too. I really enjoyed the little graphics and I think it's fun for fifth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love how simple and organized your website is. It was very easy to navigate, and you did an amazing job using the CRAP principles while creating and designing it. I like the tabs you added, which made it easy to browse your website, and I also like the images you chose to include.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I really enjoyed viewing your website, it was very clear to me that you referenced the CRAP principles while you were creating it! Each section was very organized and was in the proximity of the information that was most valuable to each topic. I also enjoyed how on certain pages, you chose to make certain words bold so that specific information was easy to see for students and families!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I really appreciate how user-friendly your website is including the readability of it. The font and colors throughout remain consistent and the emojis next to each announcement highlight them nicely. Additionally, you have just the right amount of information on each page and chose an efficient layout structure. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #6

Blog Journal #7

Blog Journal #9