Blog Journal #4

 ELA Technology Standards – 6th Grade

One of the ELA technology standards for 6th grade focuses on students using digital tools to produce and publish writing. This means students should be able to use technology, like word processors and online collaboration tools, to create and share their work. They also need to be able to type efficiently. I feel somewhat prepared to implement this standard because I’m comfortable using technology for writing and collaboration, but I might need more practice in guiding students on how to use digital tools effectively. Teaching typing skills and troubleshooting tech issues could also be a challenge.


CPALMS Educator Toolkit Resource


One helpful resource in the CPALMS Educator Toolkit is the Original Student Tutorial for ELA. These interactive lessons help students develop skills in reading comprehension, writing, and critical thinking. I think these tutorials would be great for engaging students in a more interactive way, especially for topics that can be harder to grasp through traditional instruction. They could be used as supplemental material for students who need extra practice or as a way to introduce new concepts before a class discussion.


Internet Searching as a Teacher


Being proficient in Internet searching is super important as a teacher because it saves time and helps find accurate, high quality resources for lessons. One of the skills I found most useful this week was using advanced search techniques, like filtering by domain (.gov, .edu) or using specific keywords to narrow down results. I also already use Google Scholar when looking for reliable academic sources, which wasn’t specifically covered but is a great tool for finding research backed information. Moving forward, I think refining my search strategies will help me quickly find better lesson plans, classroom activities, and credible sources for students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #6

Blog Journal #7

Blog Journal #9